WHY YOU SHOULD TRY ZUMBA
Zumba jumped into popularity several years ago as a fun, rhythmic workout. We know for certain that we have a few Zumba fans as part of our Yoli family! If their enthusiasm hasn’t convinced you yet, we’re here to help. Today we’ll be talking about Zumba and why you should give it a try.
WHAT IS ZUMBA?
Zumba is a fun, dance-style workout that was invented by Alberto Pérez in the 1990’s. It spread like wildfire and can now be found at most recreational centers, gyms, and even on instructional DVD’s and videos!
Because Zumba is fast-paced and upbeat, it’s a wonderful way to get your daily cardio in. Cardio increases your heart rate, burns fat and calories, and helps tone your body. Most importantly, it gets you moving! It’s obvious to see why so many people love Zumba. Not only is it a great workout, but it’s also tons of fun!
Another huge perk of doing Zumba as exercise, is that there is no additional equipment needed. All you need is enough space to safely move and jump around. This makes it a great at-home workout! Once you’ve gotten comfortable with the style and fast pace, you can always add on some light wrist and ankle weights, but this workout is focused mainly on cardio. That makes it a perfect workout for weight-loss and strengthening your heart and lungs.
TIPS FOR GETTING STARTED
- Throw insecurity out the window! It’s easier said than done, but don’t focus on the way you look when doing Zumba. Focus on how you feel and how much fun you’re having.
- If you’re uncomfortable practicing Zumba in a class, look for online videos and instructionals to practice with.
- Get a group of friends and have a Zumba night! This can also be done online using video chat for times when we can’t leave the house.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water! You’re going to be sweating a lot and it’s important to stay hydrated.
- Zumba is largely marketed toward female audiences, but regardless of gender, Zumba is fun for everyone!
- Try to create your own Zumba routines to your favorite songs once you get the hang of some of the moves.
We want to see you moving, Yoli Nation! Right now, we are sharing how we #YoliatHome on our Instagram page. Check us out there and share what you’re doing.
For more workout tips and support, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!